Tuesday, January 28, 2014

tie your scarf on tight

I have one word for you. 

Scandal. 

Ohmyword. Why didn't y'all tell me about this show? The minute I clicked play on the first episode, I was hooked. Actually obsessed might be the better word. I've blown through more episodes in the last week than I am willing to admit. I gasp and ooohhh my way through each 42 minute installment on Netflix and when it ends, I cannot help myself from starting the next. It's embarrassing and pathetic. And awesome. This show gets me through my treadmill runs and makes folding piles of laundry fun. Yes, fun. I know! It's some kind of miracle. 

Dear Olivia Pope. I want your wardrobe. And your gumption. Throw in your smarts, too, and your apartment and your cheekbones. I'll take it all. 

In other news, the polar vortex snow monster rages on leaving roads unsafe and school cancelled and my sanity in question. Have mercy! I refused to stay locked inside all the live long day, so Si and I bundled up and headed out into the elements. It was definitely chilly, but cold schmold! Breathing in the fresh air was good for the lungs and the head and the heart. We shuffled and skipped our way through the snow and around our circle playing follow the leader, pointing out bird nests and making snow angels. 

Today's winter walk gets a gold star. I think we'll take another tomorrow, scarves not optional. 

And now it's prime time for slippers and a show. I bet you can't guess which one.

Stay warm, dears. xo


snow day_-3


4 comments:

  1. oh you are funny :) Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying our best to stay cozy! Cocoa helps quite a bit with that.

      Delete
  2. I don't share your love of TV or snow, but I still think you're great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! So glad we can still be friends. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails