Tuesday, December 10, 2013

simple Christmas

dec6 dec2 dec5 dec7 dec4 dec1
I've collected bins and bins full of holiday decorations since Josh and I were married 8 years ago. As I sorted through it all last week, I found myself leaving much of it packed away. A lot of it is just not me. My style has evolved and my ferocious craving for simplicity has taken over. I'm grabbing onto the saying that less truly is more and holding onto it with a whole heart. I want clean and simple, light and bright, pretty and clutter-free. So I set out my very favorite Christmas treasures and they sing. Fresh greens clipped from the perfectly imperfect tree can hold their own as a centerpiece. I'll never again underestimate the subtle power of the pine cone. I find beauty and breath in a string of hymnal pages, tiny bottle brush trees, and a bowl of Shiny Brites. In a season of more more more, I'm embracing less less less and it feels good good good. 


10 comments:

  1. I did the same thing this yearI love the simplicity of it all and focusing on the manger blessings to your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same. I LOVE the natural touches that pine cones and boughs bring to the home! Oh and paper snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowflakes!! We need to make some pronto.

      Delete
  3. Yes to ALL of THIS!!

    Lovely, lovely.

    As for me, I've hauled out every last one of my ornaments this year. What does it mean????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me. I go WILD with the ornaments. That's one thing I don't hold back on.

      Delete
  4. I'm totally with you!

    This is SO beautiful, friend.
    All of it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious! This probably was not your intent, but it seems as perfect as a Martha Stewart Christmas. =)

    That being said...I did so many lights it looks like, as my husband put it so eloquently, Christmas threw up in our house, lol. Mainly, it's for the kiddo who loves lights. She has a small fiber optic Christmas tree in her room, and every morning she reaches for it. If it hadn't been for this being her first Christmas, I probably would have taken a path in your direction. I love the idea of having your favorite Christmas decor sing (LOVE how you phrased that). So beautiful and clean and just uplifting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love your blog and from one fellow adoptive mama to another, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can read the details about it here if you're at all interested in participating: http://africatoamerica.org/2013/12/13/versatile-blogger-award/ Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails